We love our tourer caravan and we are always on the look out for great places to stay. There are countless caravan parks in the UK. The choice is seemingly never ending. But sometimes the choice is over whelming, especially when it comes to finding family friendly sites. Many times we have looked at a lovely sounding park only to find that it’s adult only. So I have compiled a list of 30 Best Family Caravan Parks in the UK – highly recommended.
I recently asked around my caravan groups and I also asked my fellow bloggers the following question “Hi I am looking to write an epic post on my website about the best caravan sites in the UK where you can take kids. I would love to hear your recommendations please. Please state the sites name, location, why you like it and if you want to be quoted with your name and location please state so. Thank you. We don’t half struggle on google, it’s such a minefield. I think we need a nice big list.”
30 Best Family Caravan Parks in the UK –
To make this list helpful for everyone I will state if there are lodges and or static caravans available for hire on site. If for any reason campers or motorhomes aren’t allowed I will state as such. Otherwise all the sites mentioned below will be suitable for tourers, motorhomes and campers. I was quite surprised about the large preference to sites in Devon and Cornwall.
The BIG list of 30 Best Family Friendly Caravan Park UK
The best touring sites in England – South (excluding Devon and Cornwall)
- “Camping and Caravanning Club Gullivers in Milton Keynes is great. Good play area, family shower rooms and right next door to Gullivers theme and water park.” Nicholas Carnevale from Flint. N. Wales.
More about the Camping and Caravanning club site at Gullivers, Milton Keynes – They have hard standing and grass pitches, with electric or non electric options. Camping pods are available for hire. You can book your pitch online via this link. The site is next door to Gullivers theme park and has a children’s play area.
2. “We are seasonal at Dulhorn farm holiday park, situated between Weston-Super-Mare and Burnham-On-Sea. It’s clean tidy and quiet a hidden gem in Somerset. Great park for young ones and no pub clubhouse or pool so great if you’re on a budget. With Weston Brean and Burnham-on-sea right on your doorstep it’s a great base for the south west.” Graham Barrie, from Birmingham.
More about Dulhorn farm holiday park – The site has cottages to rent. They also have prices for electric, non electric and tents. Prices can be found here including further booking charges. You can book online. For the kids they have two play areas, a large sports field with football nets and a basket ball net. They are a working farm so there’s always some animals to see too. Throughout the main season they also offer tractor rides.
3. “Holland’s Wood New Forest. No EHU or designated pitches but there are shower blocks and plenty of room for kids to run around the woods and the New Forest ponies, donkeys, cows, pigs and deer wander through the site. “Dave Gibbs
More about Holland’s Wood in the New Forest, South England – This sounds like a real get away from it all site with grass only pitches. There are no electric pitches. The site is one of David Bellamy’s paradise sites. You can book via this link. For the kids there are animals wandering around and plenty of areas for play and exploring.
4. “Brighton Caravan and Motorhome Club Site. Fabulous location close to the marina with plenty of restaurants, cinema, bowing and supermarket. Easy child friendly walk or cycle into Brighton – just perfect, no need to move the car”. Karen Dobson from Derby
More about Brighton Caravan and Motorhome Club Site, East Sussex – They have electric and non electric pitches. Plus a choice of standard, serviced and super pitches on grass or hard standings. The site is ideally located for Brighton. There is a playground for the kids.
5. “Camber Sands Park Dean Resorts. We have been taking our children for the past 8 years and we all love it. They have also just had a big refurb which is amazing. We last went at Easter. Sara Harvey from www.homewithmrsharvey.co.uk
More about Camber Sands Park Dean Resort, East Sussex – As well as static caravans to rent or hire they also have a tourer site with a variety of pitches. There are electric and non electric pitches on grass. For the kids there is an indoor pool, beach, adventure playground, go karts, crazy golf and more.
More about Doniford Bay Haven site in Somerset – As well as static caravans to hire or buy the site also has a touring park. For the kids there is an indoor pool, a beach, adventure playground, day and night time entertainment. Sports, crazy golf, nature Rocz and more. They are also giving the outdoor pool a refurb for 2017.
The best touring sites in England – South – Devon and Cornwall
7. “Andrewshayes in Devon lovely clean site wonderful staff can’t do enough for you. Swimming pool games room bar etc. just lovely and so much to do around the area as well”. Jade Sheppard
More about Andrewshayes, Devon – This is a family run park close to the seaside. It’s located in east Devon near Axminster. They also have static holiday homes for hire or sale. You can book online via this link. And for the kids there is an indoor heated swimming pool. Plus a games room including a pool table and an indoor toddler area. There is an outdoor play ground and a play area. They also have table tennis and nature trails.
8. “Ruda Holiday Park (Parkdean site) in Croyde, North Devon. Soft play, amazing pools for toddlers and kids, 3 play parks for all ages, right on a huge beach and kid friendly entertainment, and meals. There is also a Costa Coffee and take away – perfect for tired parents too!” Lynne from www.newmummyblog.com
More about Ruda Holiday Park, Croyde North Devon – As well as a touring site they also have static caravans and lodges to rent. They have a variety of pitches available. For the kids there is daytime and night time entertainment. As well as the facilities already mentioned there is an amusement arcade, kids club, sports field and more.
9. “Yetherige Farm caravan park near Tiverton in Devon. It’s great for children has good swimming pools wonderful food in club restaurant. Kids love it there”. Annette Dimond from Bridgwater.
More about Yetheridge Farm caravan park near Tiverton Devon – The site also has static caravans for hire. They have non electric, electric and super pitches. Booking is via email or on the phone You can view their pitch prices via this link. For the little ones there is 2 indoor heated swimming pools. games room, children’s play areas with sand pits. Plus fishing and riding.
10. “Cofton near Dawlish is a great site, indoor and outdoor pool plus gym and spa. Clubhouse entertainment plus a pub type bar for those who want a quiet drink plus the super pitch’s are huge with TV hook up. Good onsite food eat in and take away including its own fish and chip shop. Also has 5 fishing lakes. Bus stop at entrance to site and two pub’s in walking distance.” Graham Coats from Oxford.
More about Cofton near Dawlish, Devon – There is also the option to hire cottages, apartments and static holiday homes. They have hard standing and super pitches. All with electric, some with water. Plus grass pitches with electric. They also have a rally field and RV pitches. Online booking is available via this link. There’s plenty for the kids with a bowling arcade and amusements. Plus a fun indoor heated pool. There’s an outdoor adventure area and swimming pool. Plus daytime and evening entertainment.
11. “Woodlands Grove Caravan Park, Blackawton near Dartmouth. Very large commercial site. Terraced levels for about 7 units per terrace. Probably about 500 pitches, good toilet blocks. And its a theme style park with free rides, animal petting farm. Live shows during the summer. Juggling, clowns etc., visits by car clubs( vw) classic cars, American all sorts even royal navy sometimes do static displays. Can be expensive but all your entertainment for kids during the day is there. Beaches near by and Dartmouth / Torquy etc.” Steve Buckley from Cambridge.
More about Woodlands Grove Caravan Park near Dartmouth, Devon – They have various terms for how long you can book for. You can book non electric, electric and level terraced pitches online here. For bookings of two nights or more your stay includes free entrance to Woodlands leisure park. For the kids there is the Woodlands family theme park and falconry centre. On site there is also a games room and a cycle trail.
12. “Wareham Forest, Dorset. Lovely site, great swimming and toddler pool, fantastic play park, in easy reach of Studlands beach Swanage Bournmouth, Corfe Castle and many more places, exceptionally clean with lovely owners and staff”. Christine Arksey from Norwich.
More about Wareham Forest Tourist Park, Dorset – They offer a variety of electric pitches and there is also a camping woodland area without electric. You can book online via this link. For the kids there is an outdoor heated swimming pool. Plus a modern play area.
13. “Littlesea, Weymouth (Haven site) is lovely. Lots to do on site, some nice nature spots and walking distance to sea. Also lots of fantastic scenic spots and days out like Sealife Adventure Park nearby too. We love it!” Katie Brinkworth
More about Littlesea, Weymouth Dorset – They have electric and non electric pitches. Some with reinforced grass base for awnings. There are also static caravans available for rent. For the kids they have an indoor and outdoor pool, crazy golf, little Rocz activities, daytime activities and evening entertainment. Plus a playground and more.
14. “We have stopped at Little Bodieve in Wadebridge, Cornwall. Nice and tidy, clean fresh shower blocks, good washing facilities, kids play area was good, nice dog walk trail, pool and water slide, pub and shop. Had a nice relaxing stay and even with lots of kids around the noise level was low. Close to big supermarket, and lovely little town of Wadebridge.” Adam Brady, from Birmingham.
More about Little Bodieve Holiday park, Cornwall – The site has luxury holiday caravans to rent or hire. They have electric or non electric pitches. You can’t book online but prices can be found via their website here. There is plenty for the kids here. During their main season they have a heated outdoor swimming pool. Plus an indoor pool and sports complex. There is also a splash pool for the summer months with an integrated flume. Not to mention mini golf and a children’s play area with a dinosaur and gorilla theme. In the summer holidays the site has evening entertainment for all.
15. “Hendra holiday park Newquay – Indoor and outdoor pool, parks entertainment, bar and restaurants great for families!” Lauren Anthony from Wales.
More about Hendra Holiday Park Newquay, Cornwall – They also have lodges, camping pods and static holiday homes available to hire. They have a wide variety of pitches available, electric, non electric. Premium, standard and super pitches. You can book online via this link. For the kids there is an amazing indoor pool with flumes, fun things to play in and a toddler pool. The outdoor pool is also heated, a little extra has to be paid to use the indoor pool. Day and evening entertainment is on offer. Plus a land train, indoor and outdoor playgrounds, soft play and much more.
The best touring sites in England – East Anglia
16. “Ferry Meadows in Peterborough is great for kids. Plenty of walks, bike riding (hire centre within walking distance). Plus pitch and putt, woodland nature centre, small train rides and the Nene Valley steam line is close by”. Paul Craig from Corby.
More about Ferry Meadows in Peterborough, East Anglia – The site is owned by the Caravan and Motorhome club. They have standard caravan pitches and electric/non electric tent pitches. As well as the above mentioned for kids there is now a new super playground for tots to teens.
The best touring sites in England – The Midlands
17. “Lakeside in north Somercotes. Quite pricey but facilities and things to do for children is amazing. Very well kept and a good location within a short drive to local beaches.” Peter Cregreen from Huddersfield.
More about Lakeside, Donamott Parks – The park is situated in North Somercotes, Lincolnshire. You can only book on the phone but they do have prices on the internet here. There is no mention of them accepting tents only touring caravans and motorhomes. All pitches are super pitches with water, electric. For the children there are adventure play areas, indoor swimming pool, tennis court, all weather games area and soccer pitch, plus more.
18. “Southview Holiday Park, Skegness. Brilliant clean park. We try and go once a month. Lovely indoor pool, play areas outside and the entertainment is really good. Highly recommended!” Michelle Taylor from Lincolnshire. I can also vouch for this place and you can read my review for Southview Holiday Park, Skegness – A review.
More about Southview Holiday Park, Skegness – You can also rent or buy a static holiday home here. The site also has a hotel. All pitches have electric and are on grass or a hard standing. There is plenty there to keep the kids occupied. The indoor pool also has a slide and daily activities. There are two outdoor play grounds, including mini golf. There is an arcade area next to the entertainment stage. They provide day and night time entertainment. There is also a tennis court and a playing field.
19. “Thorpe Park in Cleethorpes. It’s a Haven site. My daughter and I went with my family last year when she was 2 and it was such a family friendly site, we went to a brilliant sign language session with the characters and loved the swimming pool!” Maddy Matthews-Williams www.thespeedbump.co.uk
About Thorpe Park in Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire – We actually went here ourselves last year and we were impressed with the site and loved the super big tourer pitch that we had. Static caravans are available for rent on this site. The touring pitches are electric with grass or euro electric with some grass and a hard standing. There is direct beach access, a land train. There is a great indoor pool with outdoor parts and slides. Plus an outdoor splash area for the kids and a lovely outdoor play area. They have daytime and evening entertainment plus a fairground (at cost). Plus nature rockz activities, crazy golf and more.
20. “Golden Valley Ripley Derbyshire. It’s got loads for the kids to do in all weathers. Undercover sandpit, 4/5 playparks, bar with entertainment, small shop/cafe, hot tubs, very close railway museum, plenty of nice walks and a short trip to the town”. Ellie Moseley from Nottingham.
More about Golden Valley Ripley Derbyshire – The site has luxury log cabins and camping pods for rent. There is a contact form on their website to make a reservation. Prices can be found online here. They have a large variety of pitch options. For the kids there is a sandpit, woodland and nature trails. Plus various outdoor play areas, donkeys, a land train and a games room.
The best touring sites in England – The West
21. “Lady Heyes in Frodsham, Cheshire. It has a cracking play area, cafe, sweet shop and best of all lovely ice-cream. The facilities have underfloor heating and some family sized shower cubicles”. Nicholas Carnevale from Flint. N. Wales.
More about Lady Heyes Touring caravan park, Frodsham, Cheshire – They also have pods and other accommodation for hire. Plus some of their touring pitches have hot tubs. When can I go?! What a great idea. You can book online via this link. For the kids there is everything as mentioned above. The play areas are indoor and outdoors. The adults have onsite shops to wander around plus a brewery.
22. “Burrs country park Caravan and Motorhome club site just outside Bury. A gorgeous site set in the middle of the country park. There’s a family friendly pub at the site entrance that serves good food. The country park has a water sports centre near the site. The East Lancashire railway runs along the site and there’s now a station to get on/off at.” Julia Garner from Liverpool
More about Burrs country park CMC site, Bury, Lancashire – Various pitch types are available. With or without electric, hardstanding or grass. There is no playground but it sounds from above that there is plenty around to keep the kids entertained.
The best touring sites in England – The North
23. “Vale of Pickering, Yorkshire is fantastic. Lovely and clean. Play park. Football field. Large family shower rooms. Bath. Just brill. Staff and owner lovely. Nothings any bother.” Sharon Wynn from Sunderland.
More about Vale of Pickering Campsite park in North Yorkshire – All touring pitches have electric. Electric pitches are limited for tents. You can book online via this link. For the kids they have a large well equipped play ground. There is a large area suitable for games and a football pitch.
24. “We like Golden square in Hemsley. We are campers and we would advise rock pegs if using as it’s on an old quarry site. The staff are great, always eager to help. Last time we went they moved us 3 times before we settled as the pitches they had given us weren’t big enough for our tent. Luckily it was the beginning of the season so not too busy. There’s a big family bathroom aswell which is brilliant for showering younger children and even has a tub which we have never felt the need to use. There’s 2 parks for the children to play in plus a football field for budding footballs along with a few nature walks around the site for dog walker”. Emma Walsh, from Lingdale, Cleveland
More about Golden Square caravan and camping park in Hemsley, North Yorkshire – They have standard and super pitches. Plus some tent pitches are non electric. Booking is available online via this link. To entertain the kids there is an indoor and outdoor play area. Plus crazy golf and cycle hire. There is also a football pitch on site.
25. “Withernsea Sands Holiday park, Haven. Old fashioned lovely site with pool, amusement arcade, crazy golf, playgrounds and amenities. Static caravans as well as camp site. Great location for a quiet weekend break”. Sophie Mei Lan Hale from https://mamamei.co.uk/
More about Withernsea Sands Yorkshire, Park resorts – Situated near to a blue flag beach (5 min walk) there is also the option to rent or own a static holiday caravan from them. The tourer site has electric and non electric pitches. All pitches are on grass. For the kids please read above in Sophie’s recommendation.
“26. We’ve been going to Keswick Camping and Caravanning Club site since our children were little. Lots to do in the area and direct access to Derwent water for splashing around etc.” Amanda Leetham from York
More about Keswick CCC – It is situated in Keswick, Cumbria. You can book online here. They also seem to have glamping pods onsite. They have electric and non electric pitches on hard standing and grass. To keep the kids entertained there is a children’s play area and boating.
The best touring sites in Wales
27. “We stayed at the Green Caravan site near Bishops Castle a few years ago and it was fantastic, lovely clean facilities, friendly staff (family run), great open spaces for the kids to play and a stream that the kids enjoyed pond dipping and fishing in. Really nice places in the local area to explore too. We’d definitely go back!” Jennifer Dixon from http://www.mymummyspennies.com
More about Green Caravan Park, Bishops Castle, Wales – You can make an enquiry to book via this link but they do not have an online booking system. They have a variety of different pitches in different locations. Some are on the riverside, others in a field. They have electric and non electric pitches. The kids will be able to enjoy the activities mentioned above.
The best touring sites in Scotland
28. “The Ranch, Maybole. Small indoor pool, nice play park and toddler park, football pitch”. Lemon Nelly from Falkirk.
More about The Ranch, Maybole, Ayrshire – Static caravans are available for sale or rent. All touring pitches are hardstanding with water and electric. Here is the link for booking online. I am unsure as to whether they accept campers. For the kids there is an outdoor playground one for the toddlers and one for the older kids. There is a large games area with football nets and an indoor swimming pool with a sauna.
29. “Aird Donald Caravan Park in Stranraer is fantastic. Very clean and so well presented. The grass is kept in wonderful condition, there’s some play equipment for kids as well as very clean toilets and showers. Brilliant site for those overnighting before/after the ferry or exploring South West Scotland”. Alex Barrett from Sussex.
More about Aird Donald Caravan Park in Stranraer – They do not have electric hook ups for tents. They do for caravans and motorhomes and they also have grass or hard standing pitches. Aird Donald Caravan Park in Stranraer. There is a play area for the kids and you’re not far away from lots more to do.
30. “Loch Ness Shores in Scotland is fantastic. It is right on the banks of Loch Ness and they have fire pits dotted along the shore where you can toast marshmallows. There’s a decent play park, a campervan serving good food and very clean showers and toilets”. Samantha Rickelton from www.northeastfamilyfun.co.uk
More about Loch Ness Shores, Scotland – The site has a variety of pitches available and you can book online via this link. It is a Camping and Caravanning club site, boating and a football area are also available.
If you enjoyed my post why not pop a comment below. We’d love a follow or share over on social media please. Link can be found throughout my site.
This post may contain affiliate links. It will not cost you any extra if you book a holiday through one of our links.
Why not pin this post for later? Simply click on the image above to take you over to Pinterest.