Please note – This post contains affiliate links.
They will cost you no extra to book via my links
Go Ape is an outdoor adventure company. They run tree top adventures with an exciting range of activities. You can choose between Tree Top Adventure, Tree Top Junior, Forest Segway, Park Adventure, Nets Kingdom and Zip Trekking Adventure. Please see below for further information on these activities.
Tree Top Adventure
Duration – 2-3 Hours
Activities – Climb in amongst the trees at heights of up to 30 metres. If you’re a little nervous there are staff members that will help you along the course. Each of the 31 different locations has a different course.
Age/Height Restrictions – Designed for adults. Children over 10 years old or 1.4metres can participate. For every two 10-15 year olds, one adult (18+ year old) is required for supervision. Max weight: 20.5 stone (130kg)
Price without any offer – 10-15 years from £25. 16+ from £33.
Tree Top Junior
Duration – One hour
Activities – “Go Ape Tree Top Junior is a jam-packed hour of wobbly bridges, intricate crossings and an awesome zip wire finale.” Available at 22 locations
Age/Height Restrictions – Is for anyone over 1.1metres tall with an easy to use safety system meaning you are always attached. For every two under 6 year olds, one adult (18+ year old) is required to participate for supervision. On your first visit, we recommend one adult for each child under 6. Those aged 6-15 must be supervised on the course or from the ground.
Price without any offer – From £18 per person.
Duration – One Hour
Activities – “Heavy duty all-terrain Segway + spectacular off-road trails. After you’ve aced our training and off-road Segway introduction, get ready to enjoy a Segway safari inspired thrill bursting with a mix of twists, turns and straight open paths – you may also catch a glimpse of the local wildlife if you’re lucky.”
Age/Height Restrictions – For anyone who is a minimum 7 stone (45kg) and under 19.5 stone (125kg). One supervising adult (18+ years old) is required for every three people aged 15 years old and under. 16 and 17 year olds can supervise themselves but not others.
Price without any offer – From £35
About – “Park Adventure features the latest harnessing technology that keeps you continuously attached, leaving you to focus solely on having a great time with your Tribe. Park Adventure can be found at Temple Newsam, Leeds and Alexandra Palace, London (currently level three only).”
About – “We dreamed of tree houses linked by netted walkways 30 feet above the forest floor, with tree top nets full of inflatable balls and slides to get you back to the ground in style. This all sounded like a whirlwind of fun, so we decided to build it at Black Park Country Park and Sherwood Pines. All of the nets are completely enclosed – the jumbo hammock-like netting will keep you all as safe as treehouses and absolutely no specialist equipment is required. All ages are welcome”
Price – Adults and children ages 5-15 are from £15. Toddlers aged 1-4 are £10.
Zip Trekking Adventure
About – “A 3km zip wire day out in the Lake District. After the safety brief, your outdoor zipline adventure begins with an uphill blast aboard a 4×4 allowing you to soak in the hilltop views, but don’t get too comfortable… Before you know it, you’ll be whizzing past the Douglas Firs with Grizedale’s fresh forest air rushing by. Let’s see how many zip line rides you can land on your feet.”
Price – For 13 years + from £55.
Locations of Go Ape Across the UK – Find your nearest Go Ape
Not all locations have all the activities available. Please check each link for further information.
Wales – Margam Country Park
GIVEAWAY HAS NOW ENDED and the winner has been contacted
It is So Simple to Enter: Your chance to WIN a Family ticket (2 adults and 2 children) to experience Tree Top Junior or Tree Top Adventure at a location of your choice
Please enter by answering the question below, in the comments ‘’What is your favourite family day out and Why’?‘ This is mandatory. Anyone who enters without answering this question as a blog comment will be disqualified. Once you have entered more options to increase your chances of winning will be made available. Please read the rules of entry below.
The winner will be picked at random and they are welcome to choose any venue and date from the 22 Go Ape Junior courses.
Terms and Condition for entering the Giveaway
- Open to UK residents only. Anyone entering from outside the UK will be disqualified
- The successful winner will be drawn on Thursday the 28th February 2019.
- Your entry will require you to enter an email address. The winner will be contacted via email. Your email address will not be passed onto any other parties and will not be used for any marketing purposes.
- All entries by 11:59PM 28th February 2019 (London)
- By submitting an entry through Gleam all entrants are acknowledging and accepting the terms and conditions for the giveaway.
- Each Gleam entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.
- The winner of the family ticket will be chosen at random by Gleam. You can choose from Tree Top Junior (parents + under 10’s) or Tree Top Adventure (10’s and over)
- As mentioned above your first entry will be answering the question ‘What is your favourite family day out and Why’’? This is mandatory. Anyone who enters without answering this question as a blog comment will be disqualified.
- If for any reason the prize can’t be made available I accept no financial loss to provide the prize.
- Other chances to win will be offered once you have answered this question. This will give you extra chances to win, thus increasing your chances. Plus giving you the opportunity to stay in touch with us.
Why not pin this post for later?