I have updated our summer bucket list for 2020 and made it more Covid 19 friendly. This list is a bit more realistic for the current climate. I hope you all have a happy and safe summer creating memories that we all deserve.
This list was mostly made by our now nearly 7-year-old. I have added a few myself afterwards but these are mostly his ideas and I feel they work pretty well for just about all ages.
This is a UK based list of all the ultimate summer bucket list things to do with your kids. Chris Evans once said that you shouldn’t go abroad until you’d explored all that the UK has to offer. Now I’m sure he doesn’t stand by this but he does have a point.
We have broken up for summer today on the 10th of July. Summer runs until the 23rd September. Let’s see how many we can get ticked off. Are you going to join us? We’ve tried to keep this as outdoors based as much as possible. Let’s try not to spend the summer indoors, even if it rains.
- Bake a Cake
- Create a Family scrapbook
- Decorate Biscuits
- Feed ducks somewhere
- Fly a Kite
- Go Boating
- Go Bug Hunting
- Go Canoeing
- Go Glamping or to a Caravan Park
- Go Crabbing
- Go on a Trail somewhere
- Go on a Treasure Hunt with clues
- Go on lots of walks
- Go Paddling
- Go Swimming and have cake after
- Go to the Beach: There is so much to do and enjoy at the beach. On our list we have: Dig a hole, build a sandcastle, paddle in the water and body board. Plus have a ride on a donkey, take the metal detector and eat some fish and chips.
- Have a movie night with home-made pizza and popcorn
- Pick Fruit
- Make Ice-Cream/lollies
- Play in the Sprinklers or a Paddling pool
- Play Mini Golf / Crazy Golf
- Put up a Tent in the Back Garden
- Ride on a tourist Train
- See animals at a Zoo or Farm Park
- Take a Picnic somewhere full of treats
- Visit an Ice-Cream Parlour
- Visit a National Trust Property
- Visit a Splash park or outdoor paddling pool
- Visit a Stately Home with a Big Outdoor Playground
- Visit an English Heritage property
- Visit somewhere we’ve been meaning to go to for ages
I’ve left a couple blank for you to add your own.
Click on the image below for a Printable Checklist
Where will our Summer for 2020 take us
We certainly don’t have as much planned for 2020 as we had originally hoped. However, lockdown has taught me a lot and that is to appreciate everything this fine country has to offer. I have a HUGE list of places to visit and we will be busy in Yorkshire, the East Midlands, Northumberland and Wales this summer. I will include links to all our adventures this summer as they happen below.
In the meantime here is what we got up to in summer 2019.
- Ashbourne Heights in Derbyshire – Staying in a luxury caravan
- Gulliver’s Kingdom in Matlock Bath
- Stockeld Park, North Yorkshire day out
- Beach days – lots
- Efteling for 3 nights – can’t tell you how much we loved this one
- See friends
- Gala fete day in Bridlington, car boot, rides etc.
- Visit to Sewerby mostly to play mini golf
- Pony Trekking
- York Maze day out
- Steam train ride on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Fountains Abbey day out
- Harewood House day out
- Piglets adventure farm day out
- 2 nights in a Hobbit House at The Hideaway Braxby Manor, glamping North Yorkshire
- 3 nights in Hamburg, Germany
- 2 nights at North Star Club in a Sitwell Suite (posh glamping in East Yorkshire)
- 3 nights in North Yorkshire, walking holiday – Brimham rocks and more
- 3 night Canal Barge Holiday starting from Anderton Cheshire
For even more Family Bucket list ideas why not check out our ultimate bucket list with over 400 ideas?
Please comment below. Never miss a post and subscribe to my newsletter. We are very active on social media and we would love a follow please on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Why not pin this post for later? And give us a follow. Simply click on the image below to take you over to Pinterest.