In the virtual world there is an award that is being passed around from blogger to blogger. It’s called the Liebster award.
Quote from google “The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.31 Dec 2016″
I was nominated by Natalie over at Hello Cuppies, thank you for my nomination.
The award exists to encourage connection and support within the blogging community and to aid in the discovery of new bloggers. Just like myself and Natalie.
- Thank the person who nominated you – and display your award with pride
- Answer the eleven questions put to you by the person who nominated you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate and link to other bloggers that you think are deserving of this award
- Give them 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated!
Here are the 11 questions that I was given, plus my answers:
What is your favourite book and why?
Flowers in the attic by Virginia Andrews. It’s one from my childhood that I read again and again. I loved it so much I ended up reading nearly all of her books in that series. The story of the Dollanger children locked in an attic has haunted me ever since. They escape but there’s quite a twist to their tale. If you’ve never read it I can certainly recommend it. I read it again just a few years ago and I still loved it.
What is your worst habit?
Not always listening. Or pretending to listen when really I’m not. It’s usually just trivial things like my husband asking for something and me forgetting. I hate doing it and I don’t know why I do it. My Dad was the same. I think it’s a bit like selective hearing, but mostly it’s my mind wandering. My mind wanders a lot.
Favourite holiday destination?
I have two. Sorry! First is Florida. It was the best holiday I ever had when I was younger with my Mum, Dad and brother. I have so many happy memories that I often still think about today. I can’t wait to take Jamie and share more memories. Second is Sri Lanka. We had our honeymoon there. It’s a beautiful country and I yearn for the day that we can return.
Who is your best friend?
My 3 year old. He often says it to me and I often say it to him.
If you could only use one make-up item for a month what would it be?
Easy….concealer. Enough said!
If you were granted 3 wishes what would you ask for and why?
Without a doubt wish #1 would be a cure for cancer. Wish #2 would be to have not lost my Dad at just 66 to cancer. Wish #3 for a happy and healthy life for myself and my family.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
People not saying please and thank you. Politeness makes the world a happier place, manners cost nothing.
What is your dream house like?
Anywhere that has my family in it. But if we are talking materialistic then I’d have to say somewhere nice and peaceful with an indoor pool. I love swimming and it’s so far to travel to a decent one.
Favourite chocolate bar?
Hmmmmm not one for a person trying to diet lol. I’d have to say Cadbury’s dairy milk wins hands down.
Do you have a celebrity crush?
Not especially, but I did spend a lot of my life lusting after Joe McIntyre from New kids on the block.
What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
We lived in France for 15 years so I guess my tastes were widened when we lived there. They have to be. The French love ‘different’ food. Frogs legs, horse, beef tongue, snails, sweetbread, tripe, the list goes on. I have sadly tried most and regretted each one. The ‘best’ of the lot was probably frogs legs.
11 random facts about me.
- I lived in France for 15 years
- Lists are my thing
- I can use a drill, amongst many other DIY skills
- My son is a miracle
- I hate loud noises
- I adore painting, interiors or on canvas ( I never have time for the latter )
- My degree is in graphic design
- Wind and rain are not my friends
- I have lived in 13 different houses
- My living used to be from selling on eBay
- Titanic (James Cameron) makes me cry every time I watch it
From Suzy x
I now nominate:
Anna from Biscuits and baby wipes
Sanna at Vegan cruiser
And your questions are:
- What is your earliest memory?
- What was the last meal you cooked?
- Where would you like to travel to next?
- If you could buy anything in the world, regardless of cost, what would you buy?
- Would you prefer to live in the future or the past?
- What was your favourite subject at school?
- What is the last thing you bought?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- Do you speak any other languages?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- What is the greatest lesson you’ve learnt in life?