Mifold Grab and Go car booster seat is revolutionary, safe, portable and compact. We were recently sent one to review and we are also able to offer one as a giveaway to one lucky reader. (see end of this post for details). The booster seat is suitable for children aged 4 and over and is a stage 2/3 seat. (Please note my giveaway is now closed – if you’d like to purchase a mifold please follow the link above).
So why is this car seat so great?
It’s Perfect for many different situations, especially travel
The Mifold booster seat is perfect for life on the go, especially when travelling abroad. I don’t know about you but I worry myself silly about renting a car seat abroad. The past couple of times I have tried to rent a car seat with a back and instead have been given a regular booster seat. They have been filthy and the seat belt has worryingly rested on Jamie’s neck. Not to mention the cost. We are off to Florida in January and to rent a booster seat for our stay it would cost over £60. Taking this lightweight and compact seat with us, that retails at just RRP £49.95, we not only save money but have a product that we can use many times over again.
It will also be perfect for car pooling, taking on taxi journeys and handing to the Grandparents on their next child sitting mission. While it will not replace our high back car seat it will be perfect for when we don’t have this option available.
They take up less space
You can also easily fit three of these booster seats across the back of your car. The design only works with a 3 point lap and diagonal seat belt. It must not be used with a 2 point lap belt.
It fits better across the child
With a regular booster seat the seat belt often rests on the child’s neck and across their stomach. Instead of boosting the child up the Mifold holds the seat belt just above their shoulder and safely across their lap and hip bones. With three different sizes on the seat and a fully adjustable shoulder strap the seat can adjust to the size of your child. Perfect for if a friend is visiting and you want to use the same car.
Is it safe and does it meet car seat regulations?
Absolutely. “The Mifold is designed to conform to EU regulations R44.4 and to exceed US regulations FMVSS 213 in line with IIHS Booster Belt Fit Rating and the Safety Belt Safe booster use guidelines.
It is made of strong metal chassis of 6061 aircraft grade aluminium (as strong as steel) and Dupont™ Delrin® 100ST a super tough plastic polymer for superior impact resistance.”
How portable is it?
The Mifold weighs just 1.6lb (750g) which is the same weight as a small bottle of water. It’s so compact that it actually fits into my handbag and it fits really well into our backpack for days out. You can see just how small it is compared to Jamie in this photo below.
How easy is it to use?
The Mifold is incredibly easy to use. You simply fold the Mifold seat open. Then place it up against the car seat back and hold down while the child sits on the seat. It’s so easy to attach the seat belt that your child could do it. The seat belt simply loops through both of the red gauges and into the seat belt clip. Then the shoulder strap clips onto the longer length of the seat belt, just above their shoulder. It literally took me under a minute to get him into his seat the first time and less than 30 seconds after that. It is essential to check that the seat belt isn’t twisted in any way. There is a really good user manual with the seat which you must read before installation. It comes in 6 different languages.
There is also a really good installation video that I recommend you watch.
Other great features
The seat is made of a foam padding technology that provides comfort and that stays cool, even on hot days. It’s also super easy to clean which is perfect for any child I’m sure. You can simply wipe down with a mild solution of soap and water and then air dry.
Be in with a chance to win
Please comment below and tell me which colour you would like to win and where you think you would get the most use out of your car seat.
Example – I would like the seat in yellow for using on our next holiday abroad.
Colours available are blue, yellow, pink, pearl grey, green and slate grey (almost black). Good luck.
Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK residents only. Anyone entering from outside the UK will be disqualified
- Delivery will take 2-4 weeks once address has been supplied
- All entries by 11:59PM 18th December 2017 (London)
- The winner will be contacted by email, if they do not reply within seven days another winner will be randomly chosen
- By submitting an entry through Gleam all entrants are acknowledging and accepting the terms and conditions for the giveaway.
- Each Gleam entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- The competition may be added to a number of sites for the purposes of promotion.
- The winning entry will be chosen at random by Gleam.
- As mentioned above answering the question ‘‘In no less than 8 words please tell me which colour you would like to win and where you think you would get the most use out of your car seat’ is mandatory. Anyone who enters without answering this question as a blog comment will be disqualified.
- Once you have entered a blog post comment you will then be able to increase your chances of winning by unlocking other extra ways to enter. Good luck.
Why not pin this post for later? Simply click on the image below
Disclaimer: We were provided with 1 booster seat for the purpose of this review. We are also being provided with 1 booster seat for our giveaway.