I have quite honestly lost count of how many ferry crossings I have taken in my lifetime. It was at its peak when we lived in France as it was such a convenient way of travelling for us. I even made a lot of crossings by myself because I preferred it to
Big Ferry Fortnight Ballot
Have you heard about the big Ferry Fortnight Ballot? It is open from March 23rd Until the 6th April 2019 and it’s your chance to get your hands on 2,400 free pairs of ferry tickets across the UK, Ireland and British Islands.
Discover Ferries are hosting the ballot. All 13 of their ferry members (with more than 50 routes) have come together to create this fantastic ballot offer. This ballot is only available to people living in the UK and the Isle of Man. Some tickets are for a vehicle with 2, 4 or up to 7 passengers.
Residents can apply for as many tickets as they like at www.bigferryfortnight.com when the ballot opens on Saturday 23rd March 2019.
Residents can also pre-register their interest for tickets now before the ballot officially opens. The ballot will close on Saturday 6th April 2019. Please see their website for further information. You can apply for as many tickets as you like, and the winners will be selected at random.
Discover Ferries members taking part in the Big Ferry Fortnight ballot
Why Travel by Ferry – The Benefits
There are so many benefits to travelling by Ferry. Here’s a list of my top pro’s to ferry travel.
- You won’t need to hire a car when you arrive
- You can take your car, caravan, camper van and or bike with you
- Ferry travel can help break up a long journey
- You can travel with your dogs – even your pet parrots!
- Children can stretch their legs during the journey meaning they’re not
coupedup all the time
- You can take as much luggage as you want in the car – no weight restrictions
- You can take plenty of British shopping with you so you don’t need to buy as much when you arrive
- Plus you can learn about the marine life in our waters as many ferries have an ORCA wildlife officer onboard.
- Travelling by ferry is a far more relaxed experience. Which is great for people with a fear of flying.
- You won’t have to have an embarrassing body search.
- No extra charges for baggage.
- You can rent a private cabin to catch 40
winks,if needs be.
- The opportunity to eat fresh food instead of
pre packedplane food
Things to consider when travelling by ferry
I have never felt
I used to live a
Want to discover new places with the help of a ferry crossing? Why not enter Discover Ferries ballot to win yourself one of their many ferry crossings up for grabs.
Disclaimer: This is a collaborative post with Discover Ferries. All opinions are my own. All photos are courtesy of Discover Ferries.
Why not pin this post for later?